Pageviews last month

Thursday 26 July 2012

The perfect spot for Minwing reading!

So many people have told me that they chose exactly when and where they would read my book. My friend, Harriet plans to read it to her granddaughter while she's visiting this summer. Another was taking it to the cottage so she would be able to read it without the interruptions of her busy life. This photo was taken by Juliana who is renting a summer place this week by one of our amazing beaches in PEI.  What a perfect spot to experience "The Tale of the Island Minwings."  
Thanks for the great comments, Juliana!

"Karen, what a wonderful book. It brought me back to when I was a little girl and lived on our dairy farm near New London. I used to go to the spring by the woods in the pasture and imagine little creatures living there. I would do this especially in the winter when the ice formations looked like little ice castles and I imagined little people living in them. You brought these imaginings to life by your Minwings creations. All of the descriptions are so perfect, anyone who grew up near the Shores of PEI can relate and anyone who wishes they lived here, will want to come and experience it for themselves. The illustrations set the tone perfectly. What wonderful pictures. Congratulations on your book, now, we need another one to continue the story of the Island Minwings."

And another one from my friend, Sandra who read the book while on vacation this summer.
 Utterly captivated by Minwings!!! and a little human named Lilly!!
Karen, I am absolutely speechless. I have long been in awe of your talents as an artist, but now I have no words! I am soooo happy I saved the bulk of your story for my vacation. I could not have chosen a more peaceful or magical place in which to get lost in the adventures of Shasta, Lilly, and their families!
Know how I decide if I am involved in a wonderful book? If I start fretting that it will be over early in the story. This morning I did everything I could to slow myself down, but the breeze was blowing, the river was drifting, the birds were busy, and I had great coffee.There was no stopping!
I plan to have a fantastic time replaying scenes in my head this afternoon while I drift down the river.
THANK YOU! and once again, CONGRATULATIONS!!
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment